A Veteran Suicide Prevention nonprofit – we’ll be fundraising throughout the year to help veterans in need. Our goal is to raise money to help lower the veteran suicide rate to zero.
Operation 22 til FREEDOM is based in Council Bluffs, IA.
We have our 501c3 paperwork. Please let us know if you need our EIN to report on your taxes.
Become a Volunteer
With the aim of helping as many people as possible, we always lack enthusiastic volunteers. Please contact us for more information.
2021 poker run volunteer sign up
Veteran Suicide Facts
- 5,000 – 6,500 Veterans commit suicide per year.
- Suicide rates are three times higher for veterans then non-veterans.
- Male veterans between the ages of 18-44 are at higher rates.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Financial issues or loss.
- Separation from the structure provided by the military.
- Issue adjusting to society.
- Substance abuse.
Know the signs
- Seem sad, depressed, anxious, or agitated (more than usual).
- Sleeps a lot or not much at all.
- Having no regard for their appearance, hygiene, or wellbeing.
- Stop talking/associating with friends, family, or members of their community.
- Loss of interest in things they previously were very passionate about.
- Express excessive guilt, shame, or failure. Or say things like, “I feel trapped.”
- Start performing worse at work, school, or in their family roles.
- Taking unusual risks or acting extremely dangerous.
- Giving special personal items away, draft a will, ask/seek access to pills or weapons.